A device developed by a French scientist can be a good alternative to pills and cosmetics. Impulse current, penetrating the tissues of the body, can help in the treatment of many diseases, improve the condition of the skin and hair. The settings of the Darsonval apparatus should be carried out strictly according to the instructions. You can perform the procedure in a clinic or at home. Before use, you must consult your doctor.
The apparatus designed for physiotherapy procedures was created at the end of the 19th century by the French scientist Jacques Arsene d'Arsonval. The physicist and physiologist studied alternating currents, how they affect living organisms. According to the results of his research, electrotherapy appeared. The physiotherapeutic method, which consists in the action of a high-frequency current on the surface tissues or mucous membranes of the human body, was called darsonvalization.
Depending on the method of application and the nature of the electrical impulses, a different therapeutic effect is achieved. The device is used in cosmetology and medicine. The voltage in the Darsonval device is about 20 kV, the power is up to 200 mA, the frequency is 100-400 kHz. The procedure is in demand in clinics. Today you can buy a Darsonval apparatus for exposure to pulsed alternating current, use it at home. It is important to consider that only a doctor can establish a treatment program. Self-medication can cause a number of negative consequences.
Darsonval home appliance
The device used for darsonvalization at home is compact in size. The Darsonval apparatus consists of a central unit, removable electrode tubes, an adapter for inclusion in the network. The kit includes nozzles of various shapes. They are made of glass, filled with argon or neon. When the nozzle touches the surface of the hair or body, there are many microscopic discharges of current, the gas acquires a bright color. You need to choose the type of glass electrode, based on the scope of Darsonval:
- Mushroom - universal. Used for face and body.
- Cervical - is intended to treat the area of goiter, but it can be used on any site that has bends.
- Comb electrode - necessary to combat baldness, hair loss and other problems.
- Cavity - designed for procedures in the nasal, oral cavity, rectal therapy.
Indications for the use of Darsonval in medicine
Use the device only as directed by your doctor. Darsonval is used for the following pathologies:
- insomnia, neurasthenia, migraine, headache, cramping, depression, neurosis;
- diseases of the peripheral nervous system, osteochondrosis, varicose veins;
- mastitis, genital infantilism, chronic inflammation of the appendages, amenorrhea, cystalgia;
- obliterating endarteritis, coronary heart disease;
- bronchitis, tracheitis, bronchial asthma;
- myositis, myalgia, arthritis, spondylarthrosis, periostitis;
- hemorrhoids, inflammation of the rectum, gastritis, gastric and intestinal dyskinesia;
- vasomotor rhinitis, tonsillitis, hearing loss, laryngitis, otitis media, pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis;
- periodontal disease, frontal sinusitis, stomatitis, gingivitis;
- ulcers, burns, lichen, frostbite, furunculosis, bruises, hematomas;
- psoriasis, eczema, acne, neurodermatitis, erythema, stretch marks, scars, cellulite;
- baldness, dandruff, hair loss, seborrhea.
Use in cosmetology
The device Darsonval for cosmetic purposes can be used separately or in conjunction with masks, massage, cleaning. The procedure helps patients to get rid of small or severe skin and hair problems. Exposure to current is applied for 10-15 sessions. It takes 2-4 courses, between which should take a break of 3-4 weeks. Cosmetic darsonvalization helps:
- relieve swelling under the eyes;
- reduce porosity, cleanse the skin;
- eliminate irritations, dermatitis, acne, inflammation;
- improve the condition of excessively oily or dry skin;
- smooth vascular networks, facial wrinkles, scars formed after acne;
- improve regeneration processes;
- get rid of cellulite;
- reduce hair loss, prevent dandruff.
The use of Darsonval in medicine and cosmetology is associated with certain risks. During the procedure, a person is exposed to an electromagnetic field, ozone, current, UV radiation, nitrogen oxides. All these factors are aggressive and cause stress to the body. It is forbidden to use the Darsonval device for pregnant women, children under the age of 6 years, patients with a pacemaker installed.
The penetration of high voltage current into the body tissue is a danger to those suffering from such ailments:
- diseases of the circulatory system;
- tuberculosis of the kidneys, lungs;
- benign tumors;
- allergies (individual intolerance);
- mental disorders;
- urogenital, bone tuberculosis;
- increased body temperature, fever;
- cardiovascular failure.
Using the Darsonval apparatus
Before using the device, you must carefully read the instructions. The device can be used by contact and non-contact method. Both methods have a therapeutic effect on certain parts of the body through exposure to high voltage current. To achieve a positive result, you need to conduct 10-12 procedures - one every day.
The contact method involves moving the nozzle of the device directly on the skin of the patient. In this case, a "silent discharge" is formed. The contact method helps with psoriasis, varicose veins, cellulite, stretch marks. Regular use of Darsonval with this method helps to reduce hair loss. Contactless exposure involves finding the nozzle at a distance of 1-10 mm from the skin. In this case, a "spark charge" is formed. The method is effective for neurological diseases.
The nozzles must be sanitized before use. They must be treated with medical alcohol or other liquid with a disinfecting effect. Then the electrode should be dried. Recommendations:
- Hair or skin should be clean and dry during the procedure.
- To avoid burns during darsonvalization, it is necessary to refrain from applying to the areas of the alleged exposure to cosmetics, which include oxygen or alcohol, incompatible with UV radiation.
- Before the procedure, metal jewelry should be removed.
Install the nozzle in the device so that a characteristic click sounds. Before inserting the device’s plug into the network, make sure that the current intensity control is in the off state. After applying power, set it to the desired position. To better glide the instrument, use talcum powder. With the contact method, stroking movements with the nozzle over the skin should be carried out, with the contactless method, tangents should be made. The procedure must be carried out, gradually increasing the current intensity. At the end of the exposure, apply a nourishing cream to the skin.
The frequency of use depends on the problem that needs to be addressed. The duration of each session should not exceed 5-15 minutes. You need to start with a minimum duration, gradually increasing the exposure period. In the treatment of hair loss or varicose veins, breaks should be made for 24 hours between sessions. Darsonval pulsed massager must be used daily for exposure to the skin of the face. After a course of therapy, a break of at least 3 months should be taken.
According to the instructions, Darsonval at home can be used to treat the scalp. For the procedure, it is necessary that the apparatus was equipped with a comb attachment. Darsonvalization of the head will give a good result with proper, regular use. The electrode must be treated with a disinfecting liquid, dried. During the procedure, it is necessary to ensure that moisture does not get on the device, since its effect is based on the supply of a high voltage current.
Hair should be freed from gums, hairpins, hoops and other foreign objects, washed and dried thoroughly. Connect the device to the network, set the power regulator to the minimum mark. It is necessary to comb the hair back, making smooth movements from the forehead to the back of the head. Power needs to be increased gradually. A course of 20-25 daily procedures for 10-20 minutes will be required. For a year it is recommended to do 3-4 complexes with a break of 3 months. Many patients note that hair growth accelerates, their condition and appearance improve.
Darsonval for face is used with a special nozzle-massager, which is included in the standard package. Electrotherapy helps fight skin changes caused by age. For lifting, a non-contact method of therapy is used. Directions:
- Before using the appliance, thoroughly clean your face, wipe it dry.
- To improve electrode slip, use special talcum powder. If desired, you can use a safe cream (without alcohol, oxygen).
- Insert the mushroom electrode; the current power regulator should be at the minimum mark.
- Massage the skin in the direction from the edge of the eyes to the temples, from the nose to the ears, from the bottom of the forehead to the hairline and to the chin.
- All movements must be performed smoothly, avoiding strong pressure.
- It is forbidden to use Darsonval for the skin of the eyelids, since this part of the face is very sensitive.
At the initial stage, five-minute sessions should be carried out, gradually increasing their duration to 20 minutes. The result can be obtained after 3-4 courses per year. After the first procedures, the condition of the skin may worsen. You should not be afraid of this opposite effect. The reaction is formed in connection with the restructuring of the skin under the influence of current. The positive effect will be noticeable after 5-7 procedures.
The device is effective in removing acne. Specialists do not recommend such procedures at home. Darsonvalization, aimed at eliminating skin defects, requires precise movements that are difficult to repeat on your own. Work order:
- Treatment begins with a thorough cleansing of the skin.
- Then it is necessary to cauterize inflammation using a sharp electrode. Therapy is carried out by a non-contact method to avoid severe skin damage.
- At the second stage, the nozzle is changed to a flat one, a contact method is applied to the surface of the face.
- To achieve the effect, a complex of 10-15 sessions is required lasting up to 10 minutes.
- If a patient has a large number of inflammations, the cosmetologist performs darsonvalization only non-contact.
- When imperfections are reduced, it is allowed to treat the skin with a contact method to remove scars and improve the appearance.
Subcutaneous fat can occur in people with different complexions. Darsonval device will help to cope with the problem of cellulite. To achieve the best effect, it is necessary to combine electrotherapy with other cosmetic procedures (massage, body wraps). Even a separate application of darsonvalization will help make the skin supple, reduce the severity of cellulite.
Under the influence of the device, microcirculation of blood improves, tissues are saturated with oxygen, activation of biochemical processes in the subcutaneous layers. You can get rid of cellulite with the help of Darsonval in physiotherapy rooms or on your own at home. Work order:
- For exposure choose a petal electrode and mushroom nozzle.
- Prepare the device, as indicated by the instructions, clean the skin well, dry.
- Impact on problem areas should be carried out with light massage movements. The current power on the device should be minimal.
- The first session should not be carried out for more than 5 minutes. The body needs to get used to the effects of electrical impulses.
- Gradually, the duration of the sessions is required to be increased to 15-20 minutes.
When using Darsonval in problem areas, patients will feel a tingling sensation of little strength. Such a reaction is the norm. To enhance the effect of the device, it is recommended to use lotions, serums, creams with anti-cellulite properties. In this case, it is necessary to ensure that these cosmetics do not contain oxygen or alcohol, are compatible with UV radiation.
For colds and ENT diseases
Darsonval is an excellent alternative to medications. Physiotherapeutic procedure helps to cope with sinusitis, runny nose, tonsillitis, rhinitis, is prescribed for the treatment of adenoids. The device is recommended for the prevention of colds, since its effect strengthens the immune system.
With electrotherapy of the common cold, the generated high-voltage current acts on the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity. As a result, blood circulation improves in inflamed areas. The swelling of the mucous membrane decreases, the sense of smell normalizes, and the frequency and quantity of secretions decreases. In addition, under the influence of impulses with a bactericidal effect, the inflammatory process is stopped.
With sinusitis, Darsonval therapy is part of a comprehensive treatment. Impulse action helps relieve swelling, improve the patient's condition in a short time. Electrotreatment of sinusitis, runny nose, tonsillitis and other ENT diseases should be carried out only in medical institutions in order to avoid undesirable consequences and achieve high efficiency.
Views of Darsonval
Today on the market there are several types of devices that differ in cost, technical characteristics. The following models are popular:
- SparkST 117 - Darsonval has a voltage regulator with indicators from 0.2 to 30 kV. The complete set of the device includes cavity, mushroom-shaped electrodes and a comb attachment. The device can be purchased at a price of 2000 rubles. According to users, Darsonval SparkST 117 is an effective and convenient instrument in operation. Among the minuses is the lack of a switch. To change the nozzle, you will need to unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Carat DE212 - the voltage of the device varies between 2-20 kV. The kit contains a cervical, mushroom, cavity electrodes, comb. The minimum price for Darsonval is 2100 rubles. The positive side of the device is the variety of nozzles, high power.
- Ultratek SD 199 - Darsonval voltage varies from 2 to 20 kV. a set of nozzles is represented by rectal, mushroom, cervical, ear, comb. Buy Ultratek SD 199 can be from 2100 rubles. The device successfully copes with its tasks, has an advanced configuration. The disadvantage is the inconvenient box. The electrodes are put in a bunch, the risk of breaking them is great.
- Gezatone BT201 - Darsonval of the French manufacturer with voltage up to 45 kV. Set of nozzles: comb, wand, mushroom, petal. You can purchase the device at a price of 3300 rubles. The device operates efficiently and is very powerful. The downside is the relatively high cost. In addition, the nozzle holder is not universal, so it may be difficult to purchase additional electrodes.
- Corona - Darsonval with voltage from 0 to 16 kV. The package includes 3 nozzles: sticks, comb, small mushroom-shaped. Price - from 1650 rubles. Darsonval Corona is cumbersome network adapter, has a flimsy, unreliable design, uncomfortable handle and switch. In addition, the device has a low power.
How to choose a Darsonval apparatus
For home use, it is important to choose the right device. When purchasing Darsonval, you must pay attention to the following characteristics:
- The strength of the impulse voltage is the most important indicator. The larger the power range, the more diverse the possible procedures. For example, to treat the skin on the face, a force of 2 to 7 kV is required. To combat acne, a voltage of 12-15 kV is required.
- Electrodes - standard set includes 4 types - comb, stick, mushroom, cervical. There are other nozzles for the treatment of urological, ear diseases, throat ailments and others.
- The versatility of the holder holder - this feature determines how convenient it is to replace the nozzle if necessary. When buying, make sure that the additional electrodes fit the device. It is better to choose a device with a universal cartridge.
Irina, 29 years old. When the first wrinkles began to form on my face, I decided to use the Darsonval device. Electrotherapy helped restore skin tone, smooth out small folds, and eliminate peeling. The procedure takes a little time, the effect begins to manifest itself through several applications. Darsonvalization did not cause any unpleasant sensations.
Karina, 36 years old Used this physiotherapy to combat hair loss. The beautician said that my follicles were weakened, Darsonval advised. The procedure does not cause discomfort. It takes several minutes every day to spend on the head with the device. After 2 courses, I noticed that the hair became thicker, look healthy, shiny.
Elena, 32 years old. She treated with the help of darsonvalization of a runny nose in the physiotherapy room. After several procedures, swelling of the mucosa decreased, and the frequency of sneezing decreased. A tingling sensation occurred during exposure. The doctor prescribed me a second course to strengthen the immune system and prevent the development of a relapse of the disease.