Persistent weakness, dizziness, drowsiness - these symptoms may indicate an insufficient level of hemoglobin. This condition is diagnosed as iron deficiency anemia. Doctors play an important role in the treatment of nutritional correction. The patient's diet is enriched with foods high in vitamins and iron (Fe).
Top 10 products to increase hemoglobin
The human body is not able to synthesize iron on its own, its intake is provided by food. Record micronutrient contents are famous for:
- Pork liver. 100 grams of offal contains about 20 mg of iron, as well as a lot of protein, vitamins A, B and C.
- Halva. 50 mg of Fe per 100 grams of sesame dessert, and paste from sunflower seeds contains about 34 mg of Fe. Halva will help not only increase hemoglobin, but also make up for the lack of calcium, zinc, vitamins of groups B, F, E.
- Buckwheat kernel. 100 grams of the product contains about 8 mg of iron, a lot of B vitamins, potassium, while the product is considered low-calorie. A gram serving of porridge has a total of 100 kcal.
- Mushrooms. You can increase hemoglobin by regularly consuming dried porcini mushrooms. Per 100 grams of product, 23 g of protein, 6 g of fat, 31 g of carbohydrates and about 32 mg of iron are consumed.
- Raisins. 100 grams of dried fruit include about 2 mg of iron, 50 mg of calcium, 32 mg of magnesium, 11 mg of sodium. Due to this composition, raisins are recommended to be included in the diet for people with diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Sea kale. Laminaria is a very beneficial algae, especially for those who suffer from endocrine disorders. 100 grams of product contains 12 mg of Fe, a lot of iodine, bromine, manganese.
- Seafood. Shellfish, which contain up to 27 mg of iron, oysters - 6 mg of Fe, mussels - 7 mg of Fe will help increase hemoglobin levels.
- Lentils A close relative of beans contains fiber, proteins, magnesium zinc and about 11 mg of Fe per 100 grams of the finished product.
- Spinach. The product improves intestinal motility, contributes to weight loss, reduces blood sugar. In addition to these properties, the plant will help raise hemoglobin levels. 1 cup stewed in a pan in water or a drop of spinach oil has up to 7 mg of iron.
- Tuna. Fish is recommended for all people who want to increase their hemoglobin level and not gain extra pounds. 100 grams of tuna contains only 140 kcal and 1.3 mg of iron.
Vegetables to increase hemoglobin
In comparison with animal foods, plant-based products to increase hemoglobin are not as effective. Of the total amount of iron contained in vegetables, the body absorbs only 3-8%, so the risk of developing iron deficiency anemia in vegetarians is significantly higher than in carnivores.
The table shows the most popular vegetables that increase hemoglobin, raw and boiled:
The amount of Fe per 100 g of crude product, mg
The amount of Fe per 100 g of heat-treated product, mg
Choosing products for raising hemoglobin, do not forget about berries and fruits. Although they contain the least amount of iron in comparison with meat, offal or vegetables, they are additionally enriched with vitamins, amino acids and other useful substances. To increase the level of red blood cells will help:
Fruit or berry
How much Fe is contained in 100 g
The fastest way to increase hemoglobin levels is to help the liver of various animals and other offal. Seafood is somewhat inferior to them - oysters, mussels, shrimps, shellfish. In case of iron deficiency anemia, the menu should include:
How much Fe is contained in 100 g
Hemoglobin Boosting Nuts
Among different varieties of nuts, walnuts are considered the most useful. They contain a large amount of cobalt, magnesium, potassium, vitamins of groups B, PP, H, K, E, C. To increase hemoglobin, walnuts are recommended to be used to recreate the following recipes:
- Grind raisins, dried apricots, walnuts taken in 100 g each with a blender. Add 100 grams of honey to the pulp. Sweet mass eat three times a day for 1 tbsp. l
- Grind 1 cup prunes, dried apricots, walnuts, raisins. Add ½ tbsp. honey and 1-2 lemons with peel. Eat 3 tbsp. l in a day.
- Mix an equal amount of cranberries, honey and chopped walnuts. Store the mixture in the refrigerator and take 1 tbsp. l 3 times / day.
- Chop a few green walnuts thoroughly. From the total weight measure 2 tbsp. l., mix with 1.5 liters of honey. The mixture is insisted in a dark place for 14 days. Take 1 tbsp. l 3 times / day.