When a prostate adenoma disease occurs, it is important to follow complex therapy with a diet. In addition to taking medication and conducting procedures, a diet review is required. For men, a special diet for prostate adenoma has been developed, which includes products that are beneficial for the body. Adding them to the menu will make it possible to alleviate the condition of the patient, quickly recover from the disease.
What is prostate adenoma
In medical practice, prostate adenoma is understood as a benign tumor (hyperplasia - BPH) that occurs in men after the age of 40 years. Outwardly, the disease is the proliferation of tissue between the segments of the organ, the occurrence of nodes in it. The causes of the development of the disease are hormonal changes. Determine prostate adenoma by the following symptoms of the body:
- frequent urination;
- thin weak stream of urine, may be interrupted;
- feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder;
- straining when urinating, incontinence.
Three stages of the manifestation of the pathology of prostate adenoma are distinguished. They are characterized by the following factors in patients:
- The first - violations are minimal, there is an increase in nighttime urination, lethargy of the stream. The stage of a prostate adenoma tumor lasts 1-10 years.
- The second - severe symptoms - intermittent stream, straining, a feeling of incomplete emptying. Urine remains in the bladder, the delay leads to inflammation of the mucosa, burning, pain.
- The third is unproductive urine output at night and day. Recovery of prostate adenoma can only be achieved with complex therapy and seeking medical help.
Diet for prostatitis and prostate adenoma
In addition to drug treatment, nutrition can help cure the disease with men’s prostate adenoma. It is characterized by the basic rules of the diet:
- eat in small portions, snacking on fresh fruits, berries, vegetables;
- adhere to a certain diet on time, do not deviate from the system;
- for dessert, it is allowed to use casseroles, mousses, jelly, jelly;
- limit sugar to a minimum, replace with honey - daily rate of 50 g;
- refusal of fried, pickled, salty foods, spices;
- on a diet, it is desirable to eat laxative foods - boiled beets, dried fruits for exposure to the intestines;
- the basis of nutrition in prostate adenoma is boiled, baked food, steamed;
- per day, you can eat no more than 200 g of meat or 300 g of fish.
If a man underwent surgery to remove the prostate gland, then the diet in the postoperative period implies the following rules for observing the health of the body:
- include fruits and vegetables, tomatoes in a healthy diet;
- eat fermented milk products - yoghurts, yogurt, kefir;
- drink light green tea for the active production of testosterone;
- eat salmon, anchovies, shrimp, flounder, herring, useful in tocopherol and fatty acids;
- refuse pork and beef, fast food, chips - dishes with a high percentage of fat content.
Diet for prostate adenoma of the 2nd degree
With the development of the second stage of the disease, when the symptoms are bright, you need a diet for prostate adenoma. Doctors give the following recommendations:
- rejection of fried, spicy, oily;
- a ban on alcohol, beer, smoked meats, spices, spices, sauces - for taste, it is better to add lemon juice and dry greens to dishes;
- refusal of strong coffee and tea;
- flour products, rich broths, sweets, buns are harmful on the diet;
- rejection of starchy foods, canned food, marinade, caviar;
- restriction in the use of chocolate, cocoa-containing products, legumes;
- the inclusion of foods rich in zinc and selenium - seaweed, eggs, pork or beef liver;
- the use of pistachios, olive oil, cereals;
- with prostate adenoma it is useful to eat bran, egg yolks, mushrooms, nuts, seafood;
- sources of protein and lipids - calf liver, coconut oil, herring, pumpkin seeds, watermelon;
- with prostate adenoma, it is useful to drink freshly squeezed juices, decoctions of herbs, water, milk and sour-milk drinks, compotes;
- any berries are useful on a diet, and vegetables - beets, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, pumpkin, zucchini, cucumbers, green peas.
Products for prostatitis
In order for food with prostatitis to be beneficial and not aggravate the patient's condition, it is useful to follow the dietary process and include products in the menu:
- dried apricots, raisins, figs, prunes;
- citrus fruits, apples, strawberries, raspberries;
- potatoes, carrots, beets, zucchini, pumpkin, cauliflower, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peas, lettuce, greens;
- garlic, onion, parsnip, parsley, mustard, horseradish;
- whole grains (buckwheat, corn, oats), rye flour baked goods;
- cow, goat milk and its derivatives;
- cereals, except semolina - pearl barley, buckwheat
- low salt and fat cheese; lean beef;
- sea kale;
- low-fat meat, seafood, fish of lean varieties, shrimp, mussels, scallops;
- vitamins with zinc and selenium;
- water, broth of wild rose, brewing weak tea, better than green;
- first courses - vegetable, milk soups;
- vegetable and butter low-fat oil - not more than 30% of the daily calorie content;
- one egg per day.
What you can not eat with prostatitis in men
On a diet with prostate adenoma, the patient should not eat the following products from the list that can negatively affect health:
- fat meat;
- refractory fats - mutton, beef, pork;
- offal, except for the liver;
- fresh white bread, muffin, dough;
- strong broths;
- canned fish or meat composition;
- radish, radish, spinach, sorrel;
- the table should not contain sparkling water, strong tea, cocoa, alcohol, kvass.
Can I drink coffee
Men with prostate adenoma who are used to drinking strong coffee will have to forget about the drink during the diet. Caffeine negatively affects the health of the body, so it should be discarded. It is forbidden to diet and strong tea, alcohol, carbonated drinks. With prostate adenoma, it is better to drink water without gas, compotes and freshly squeezed fruit juices. It is better to take liquid on a diet between meals and two hours before going to bed. Useful drinks for prostate adenoma are rosehip broth, herbal infusion, dairy products.
Diet menu for prostate adenoma
According to doctors, the diet for prostatitis in men should have a varied and balanced diet, including proteins, fats and carbohydrates to solve the problem. A sample menu for prostate adenoma looks like this:
- breakfast - buckwheat porridge in milk, a salad of fresh vegetables with a small amount of vegetable oil;
- lunch - make vegetable soup on a weak broth, bake rabbit stew with vegetables, cook a salad;
- afternoon tea - fruit, sour-milk drink;
- dinner - steamed fish, vegetables, fruits with a spoon of yogurt;
- an hour or two before bedtime - a glass of kefir.